Boredom is part of the discipline of meditation practice. This type of boredom is cool boredom, refreshing boredom. Boredom is necessary and you have to work with it. It is constantly very sane and solid, and very boring at the same time. But it’s refreshing boredom. The discipline then becomes part of one’s daily expression of life. Such boredom seems to be absolutely necessary. Cool boredom.
from the book The Collected Works of Chogyam Trungpa, Volume 3
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Collected Works of Chogyam Trungpa, Volume 3:
- Beginning to relate with our world
- Something is missing somewhere
- An Operation without Anesthetics
- The living quality of peace
- Relating to our hang-ups
- All your polarities are valid