Be equal to every hindrance. Buddha attained Supreme Enlightenment without hindrance. Seekers after truth are schooled in adversity. When they are confronted by a hindrance, they can’t be over-come. Then, cutting free, their treasure is great.
from the book Thousand Peaks: Korean Zen - Tradition and Teachers
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Kyong Ho.
Further quotes from the book Thousand Peaks:
- Clear a passageway through severe practice
- Be rich in honesty
- Enduring friendships
- Use your will to bring peace between people
- Don’t wish for perfect health
- Don’t hope for a life without problems
- Attain deliverance in disturbances
- Befriending every demon
- Try again and again