Whether you care to communicate with it or not, the magical strength and wisdom of reality are always there….By relaxing the mind, you can reconnect with that primordial, original ground, which is completely pure and simple. Out of that, through the medium of your perceptions, you can discover magic, (which in the Shambhala tradition is called ) drala. You actually can connect your own intrinsic wisdom with a sense of greater wisdom or vision beyond you.
You might think that something extraordinary will happen to you when you discover magic. Something extra-ordinary does happen. You simply find yourself in the realm of utter reality, complete and thorough reality.
from the book Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Shambhala:
- Our life is an endless journey
- Refusing to give up on anyone
- A very drastic measury
- Nowness and tradition
- Awaken the Genuine Heart of Sadness
- Don’t Assume the Posture of a Wilted Flower
- You can relax and let go wherever you are
- Chaos in the world
- Discovering real goodness
- Appreciate yourself
- Letting the world tickle your heart
- Discovering fearlessness
- Fear And Bravery
- Connecting to reality
- Appreciate anything that exists
- A magical place
- Stepping out of the cocoon