Underneath all that craving or aversion or jealousy or feeling wretched about yourself, underneath all that hopelessness and despair and depression, there’s something extremely soft, which is called bodhicitta.
from the book Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Pema Chödron.
Further quotes from the book Start Where You Are:
- Communication without agenda
- Compassion along the path
- Teachings 24/7
- The happiness we seek is already here
- You are guaranteed to be burned
- Self-liberate even the antidote
- Moving away from comfort and security
- Bottomless heart
- Where Do Thoughts Come From
- Learning from everything
- Gloriousness and wretchedness