When we see deeply that all that is subject to arising is also subject to cessation, that whatever arises will also pass away, the mind becomes disenchanted. Becoming disenchanted, one becomes dispassionate. And through dispassion, the mind is liberated.
from the book Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Mindfulness:
- Without the steadiness of concentration
- The magic show of consciousness
- Like listening to someone playing a flute
- There is no self who is running the show
- Nothing is exempt from change