There is no other way to reach enlightenment than by recognizing buddha nature and attaining stability in it. Buddhas of the past did that, and the present-day practitioners who will be the buddhas of the future will do so by recognizing their own nature and attaining stability in it. There is no other way. Nobody else can accomplish enlightenment for us or pull us into liberation. It is completely up to ourselves.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha:
- The two obscurations
- Temporary stains
- The three kayas
- An enlightened essence is present in everyone
- Experience your enlightened essence
- Same essence but separate from of manifestation
- A most precarious and dangerous situation
- Relative and Ultimate Bodhicitta
- Aspiration for the time of death