In this present life, you can experience your enlightened essence, and if you do that, you can, before passing away, attain the perfectly and fully awakened state of a buddha.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Repeating the Words of the Buddha:
- The two obscurations
- Temporary stains
- The three kayas
- An enlightened essence is present in everyone
- Completely up to ourselves
- Same essence but separate from of manifestation
- A most precarious and dangerous situation
- Relative and Ultimate Bodhicitta
- Aspiration for the time of death