In reality we are dying all the time, but our mind is not letting us know this.
If we do not let ourselves die, we cannot be reborn.
I learn that dying is rebirth. Death is life.
from the book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book In Love with the World:
- Anywhere, anytime
- Vast and intimate
- Stay with what is
- Nothing endures but change
- The masks that hide our true selves
- Short moments, many times
- Ego-grasping death comes before life
- Only with recognition
- Upholding the lineage
- Accepting whatever happens
- Spacious awareness
- Change yourself
- Awareness contains impermanence
- Beyond habitual patterns
- Identifying the sickness for ourselves
- It’s how we relate to emotions
- Reverse activity
- The source of what we like or do not like
- Facing suffering
- Meditative awareness