As a father myself, I am a bit sensitive to the needs of children, to their fears and nightmares, their longings, the pressures that their friends and the cultures within which they are raised exert upon them. After my daughters were born, each time I held their small bodies in my arms – listening to their breath, watching their eyes move back and forth, seeing them smile – I was reminded of one of the most basic of the Buddha’s teachings: that all life is precious and that protecting and preserving life is our most important responsibility.
from the book Open Heart, Open Mind: Awakening the Power of Essence Love
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tsoknyi Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Open Heart, Open Mind:
- Becoming an inspiration to others
- The heart of your own being
- Keep looking
- The dance between emptiness and appearance
- Be kind to yourself
- Awakening the spark of love within you
- Welcoming any experience without judgement
- Opening your heart and mind