We who are like senseless children shrink from suffering, but love its causes. We hurt ourselves; our pain is self-inflicted! Why should others be the object of our anger?
quoted in the book No Time to Lose: A Timely Guide to the Way of the Bodhisattva
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Shantideva.
Further quotes from the book No Time to Lose:
- Our true nature
- Heroic perseverance
- Our capacity for love and tenderness
- Three attitudes
- The cause of our enlightenment
- Connect with Groundlessness
- Three bite practice
- Benefits of pain
- Any Encounter Offers Us a Choice
- Our Mistaken Feeling of Separateness