Progress in the practice depends upon cultivating faculties of mindfulness and alertness, which are lucid and sharp. If we do not maintain them, or if they are not intense enough, we will not be able to cut through the undercurrent of our thoughts.
from the book A Song for the King: Saraha on Mahamudra Meditation
translated by Peter O'Hearn
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book A Song for the King:
- Turning poison into healing water
- Overpowering images of the mind’s lucidity
- We have never looked into our mind
- Just appearances within the mind
- Overpowered by the images of the mind’s lucidity