We cling to the entity of a body that even a tiny prick from a thorn makes us miserable. When there is warm sunshine outside, we feel comfortable and the body is pleased. We are constantly preoccupied with the comfort and attractiveness of our body and treat it like the most precious thing. Clinging to the body is the reason we experience such reactions to the pleasant and the unpleasant.
Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book Pith Instructions: Selected Teachings and Poems
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Pith Instructions:
- No modification
- Guidance of a qualified teacher
- Emptiness and the law of cause and effect
- Under the influence of the three poison
- The body does not truly exist
- The dawn of naked wisdom
- Eating tasty but poisonous plants