In Buddhist psychology, ego is seen as a kind of filter, a network through which energy is constantly being channeled and manipulated rather than being able to flow freely in unrestricted space. It is not a solid entity but a moment-to-moment process of birth, evolution, and death.
from the book The Sanity We Are Born With: A Buddhist Approach to Psychology
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Sanity We Are Born With:
- Tuning in to life
- The approach of mindfulness of life
- Giving up goal, aim, and object
- Just open space
- The importance of patience
- Glimpse of Enlightenment
- The freshness of not rebuilding
- These situations are the scriptures
- Working with the present situation
- Sanity on the spot
- Emotions are part of you