Fundamentally, there is just open space, the basic ground, what we really are. Our most fundamental state of mind, before the creation of ego, is such that there is basic openness, basic freedom, a spacious quality; and we have now and have always had this openness.
from the book The Sanity We Are Born With: A Buddhist Approach to Psychology
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Sanity We Are Born With:
- The importance of patience
- The approach of mindfulness of life
- Tuning in to life
- Glimpse of Enlightenment
- Giving up goal, aim, and object
- The freshness of not rebuilding
- These situations are the scriptures
- Working with the present situation
- Sanity on the spot
- Ego is a filter
- Emotions are part of you