From the space of the utterly pure extent of phenomena, deep and clear wisdom expands.
Mind’s primordial nature is forever free of elaboration.
Not deluded by habitual mind or samsara and nirvana as they naturally arise.
To this expanse, the equal nature of all things, I bow.
from the book Music In The Sky: The Life, Art, And Teachings Of The 17Th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Music In The Sky:
- A Festival of the Field for Gathering Merit
- Pure heart
- Passing the day with a kind-hearted mind
- The depth of mind free of reference
- The Song of Natural Awareness
- Graduated path
- Letting the Sun Shine
- Taking Our Problems and Sufferings as a Support for Our Practice
- Being of Benefit
- Diverting from our true purpose
- Progressing along our way
- Experiencing mental happiness
- Importance of Calm Abiding
- The Mind Is Like Space
- The Peaceful and Calming Victory Flag
- The Remedy Is Meditation
- The Three Kayas
- Remaining in the depths of mind
- The moon of bliss