Enlightenment is referred to as en-lighten-ment. It is further luminosity; it illuminates life. Up to this point, we had a very bad lighting system; but now we are getting a better lighting system, so we begin to see every curve of skin, every inch of our world, properly. We might get irritated by such sharpness and precision, but this seems to be part of the perspective that Buddha is everywhere.
from the book Ocean of Dharma: The Everyday Wisdom of Chogyam Trungpa
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Ocean of Dharma:
- The natural beauty of meditation
- The beauty of totality
- Capable of dealing with reality
- Restless mind
- Buddha mind
- Rejoicing whenever there is an obstacle
- Enlightenment Is Irritatingly Possible
- Work of art
- Panoramic awareness in everyday life