What a work of art is all about is a sense of delight. Touch here, touch there, delight. It is an appreciation of things as they are and of what one is – which produces an enormous spark. Something happens – clicks – and the poet writes poems, the painter paints pictures, the musician composes music.
from the book Ocean of Dharma: The Everyday Wisdom of Chogyam Trungpa
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Ocean of Dharma:
- The natural beauty of meditation
- Restless mind
- Buddha mind
- Illuminating life
- The beauty of totality
- Capable of dealing with reality
- Rejoicing whenever there is an obstacle
- Enlightenment Is Irritatingly Possible
- Panoramic awareness in everyday life