Life on the practical level does not contain any subtle philosophy or subtle mystical experience. It just is. If we are able to see that isness, so to speak, then there is a sense of realization. We experience sudden enlightenment. Without a sense of hopelessness, there is no way to give birth to sudden enlightenment. Only giving up our projects brings about the ultimate, definite, positive state of being, which is the realization that we are already enlightened beings here and now.
from the book Crazy Wisdom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Crazy Wisdom:
- You are something
- Let the phenomena play
- The Poverty Approach
- Discovering our innocence
- getting even with people who make you angry
- What is the difference between crazy wisdom and just being crazy?
- The goal exists in every moment
- The mirror of crazy wisdom