The whole concept of needing training for things is a weak approach, because it makes us feel that we cannot possess the potential in us, and that therefore we have to make ourselves better than we are. We have to try to compete with heroes or masters. Although we are not actually them, we believe we could become them purely by imitating — by pretending, by deceiving ourselves constantly that we are what we are not. But when a sudden flash of genuine enlightenment occurs, such hypocrisy doesn’t exist. You do not have to pretend to be something. You are something.
from the book Crazy Wisdom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Crazy Wisdom:
- getting even with people who make you angry
- Discovering our innocence
- Let the phenomena play
- The Poverty Approach
- What is the difference between crazy wisdom and just being crazy?
- The goal exists in every moment
- Life just is
- The mirror of crazy wisdom