There is no promise of love and light or visions of any kind – no angels, no devils. Nothing happens: it is absolutely boring. Sometimes you feel silly. One often asks the question, “Who is kidding whom? Am I on to something or not?” You are not on to something. Traveling the path means you get off everything, there is no place to perch. Sit and feel your breath, be with it.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- Total lack of inhibition
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- Taking Our Fences Down
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- The creation of space
- Relating to your daily life
- The golden chain of spirituality
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Constant unmasking
- Discipline without ego