It takes a long time to take our fences down. The first step is to learn to love ourselves, make friends with ourselves, not torture ourselves anymore. And the second step is to communicate to people, to establish a relationship and gradually help them. It takes a long time and a long process of disciplined patience.
from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation:
- No place to perch
- Total lack of inhibition
- Not seeing thoughts as simple phenomena
- Working in the soil of samsara
- Seeing our confusion more clearly
- The creation of space
- Relating to your daily life
- The golden chain of spirituality
- The openness of panoramic awareness
- Constant unmasking
- Discipline without ego