Every time we become aware of a thought, as opposed to being lost in a thought, we experience that opening of the mind.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- Becoming aware of suffering
- The meditative journey
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- Undistracted awareness
- Being with it fully
- Purpose of practice
- Like a cloud passing through the sky
- The foundation of goodwill
- The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering
- Just sitting and watching
- Seeing impermanence deeply