The meditative journey is not about always feeling good. Many times we may feel terrible. That’s fine. What we want is to open to the entire range of what this mind and body are about. Sometimes we feel wonderful and happy and inspired, and at other times we deeply feel different aspects of suffering.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- Undistracted awareness
- Like a cloud passing through the sky
- Being with it fully
- Purpose of practice
- Awareness of thoughts
- The foundation of goodwill
- Seeing impermanence deeply
- Becoming aware of suffering
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering
- Just sitting and watching