Wisdom is the clear seeing of the impermanent, conditioned nature of all phenomena, knowing that whatever arises has the nature to cease. When we see this impermanence deeply, we no longer cling; and when we no longer cling, we come to the end of suffering.
from the book Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Joseph Goldstein.
Further quotes from the book Insight Meditation:
- The foundation of goodwill
- The wonderful paradox about the truth of suffering
- Just sitting and watching
- Awareness of thoughts
- Becoming aware of suffering
- The meditative journey
- Freedom Lies in the Wisdom to Choose
- Undistracted awareness
- Being with it fully
- Purpose of practice
- Like a cloud passing through the sky