You can train yourself in this way to feel surrounded on all sides by goodness and benefit. Everything and everyone is benefiting you. The whole world becomes your personal benefactor and is part of you. You have not only been benefited in material terms. Those whose ideas you find useful, who brings out the best in you, who challenge you to grow — they are also your personal benefactors and form part of who you are.
Teaching yourself to see and feel in this way will make it much easier for you to feel close to others. It can make a tremendous contribution to your personal happiness and can certainly make you a more positive force in the interdependent world.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- Our closest and most reliable allies
- Interdependence at work
- His Loneliness
- Touching the core of our equality
- The deeper common ground all living being share
- Collective actions and attitudes
- Delight in positive thoughts
- Gradual change
- Interdependent individuals
- Our intimate dependence on the natural environment
- Opening up to the view of interconnectedness
- A main condition for our selfishness
- Outer and inner world
- The best way to love oneself
- Limitless aspirations
- When we ignore our interdependence
- We hold nothing back
- Keeping the door to improvement open