You actually have this awareness within you. It is the clear, naked wisdom of dharmakaya. But who can introduce you to it? On what should you take your strand? What should you be certain of? To begin with, it is your teacher that shows you the state of your awareness. And when you recognize it for yourself, it is then that you are introduced to your own nature.
from the book Counsels from My Heart
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dudjom Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Counsels from My Heart:
- Remaining in the nakedness of ultimate reality
- Be without regret
- The most profound of all Buddha’s teaching
- The root of Dharma
- The seven sublime riches
- Don’t waste your time
- Investigate the root of mind!
- An Aspiration to The Great Perfection
- Dealing with thoughts in meditation
- Keep a middle course
- Gaining certainty
- The Essence of the Path
- Remain within your inner nature