Make every effort on the path, uniting absolute and relative bodhichitta. This distils the essence of all the sutras and the tantras. The subduing of one’s own mind is the root of Dharma. When the mind is controlled, defilements naturally subside.
from the book Counsels from My Heart
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dudjom Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Counsels from My Heart:
- Introduction to the nature of mind
- Investigate the root of mind!
- Remaining in the nakedness of ultimate reality
- The seven sublime riches
- The most profound of all Buddha’s teaching
- Don’t waste your time
- Be without regret
- Dealing with thoughts in meditation
- An Aspiration to The Great Perfection
- Keep a middle course
- The Essence of the Path
- Remain within your inner nature