Recognize that your mind is the unity of being empty and cognizant, suffused with knowing. When your attention is extroverted, you fall under the sway of thoughts. Let your attention recognize itself. Recognize that it is empty. That which recognizes is the cognizance. You can trust at that moment that these two – emptiness and cognizance – are an original unity. Seeing this is called self-knowing wakefulness.
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
from the book As It Is, Vol. 2
translated by Erik Pema Kunsang
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book As It Is, Vol. 2:
- Essential meditation instruction
- Growing familiar with mind essence
- The essence of mind
- Space yogi
- Clearly seeing the state of how others are
- Buddha nature cannot be fabricated
- Pretending enlightenment
- Direct experience
- The way to become enlightened
- Enhancement practices