Do not run away from these unpleasant feelings.
Do not manipulate them into pleasant feelings.
Stay with what is, with whatever arises.
from the book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book In Love with the World:
- Ego-grasping death comes before life
- Spacious awareness
- Accepting whatever happens
- Beyond habitual patterns
- Awareness contains impermanence
- Facing suffering
- It’s how we relate to emotions
- The source of what we like or do not like
- Change yourself
- Meditative awareness
- Within each one of us
- Fundamentally pure and good
- Stretching a bit further
- Vast and intimate
- Anywhere, anytime
- The masks that hide our true selves
- Nothing endures but change
- Only with recognition