First, come into the present. Flash on what’s happening with you right now. Be fully aware of your body, its energetic quality. Be aware of your thoughts and emotions.
Next, feel your heart, literally placing your hand on your chest if you find that helpful. This is a way of accepting yourself just as you are in that moment, a way of saying, “This is my experience right now, and it’s okay.”
Then go into the next moment without any agenda.
from the book Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Pema Chödron.
Further quotes from the book Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change:
- The mandala of our life
- We Have a Choice
- Building Inner Strength
- Difficult relationships
- Stepping-stones for awakening our compassion
- Holding a diversity party in our living room
- What are you doing when you are unhappy
- Just our personal viewpoint
- Unfettered mind
- The real cause of our suffering
- Beyond our comfort zone
- Forever in flux
- Everything and everyone is in process
- Embracing the groundlessness of our situation
- The knack of refraining
- Renouncing one thing
- The detox period
- Practicing with Strong Emotions