No matter where you stay – be it a busy place or a solitary retreat – the only thing that you need to conquer are mind’s five poisons and your own true enemies, the eight worldly concerns, nothing else.
from the book Compassionate Action
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chatral Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Compassionate Action:
- View and conduct
- But when you die
- There is nothing more to it than that
- All you need
- No real happiness
- Act accordingly
- By then it’s too late!
- Failing to let go of ordinary concerns
- A disciplined mind
- Gaining the riches of a Dharma practitioner
- Taking advantage of our human existence
- Relying on the instructions of your own qualified teacher
- Use it well
- Not enjoying meat or alcohol
- The best form of austerity
- Three kinds of dharma practitioners
- The path of nonviolence
- Our responsibility