People tend to appreciate nature. We associate the natural world with beauty, that which is pure and untouched. When we see someone cutting trees or digging in the wilderness, it disturbs us. We can realize the beauty of our own inner nature when we stop manipulating everything that crosses our path as a way to fortify a sense of self. This is a practitioner’s approach to life.
Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche
from the book It's Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book It's Up to You:
- Ego’s indoctrination
- The beginning of courage
- The practitioner’s approach to life
- Just an expression of mind’s basic nature
- Like a homeless prince
- Taking our reactions less seriously
- Everything is workable for all of us
- The ground of practice is your direct experience