Don’t think you have to leave most of your mind behind when you become a practitioner. That would be a wrong view of the spiritual path. The ground of practice is your direct experience – regardless of its content. You don’t have to act out or indulge in these emotions. Just give them space and see them clearly.
Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche
from the book It's Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book It's Up to You:
- A practitioner’s approach to life
- The beginning of courage
- Ego’s indoctrination
- The practitioner’s approach to life
- Just an expression of mind’s basic nature
- Like a homeless prince
- Taking our reactions less seriously
- Everything is workable for all of us