We can realize the beauty of our own inner nature when we stop manipulating everything that crosses our path as a way to fortify a sense of self. This is the practitioner’s approach to life.
Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche
from the book It's Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book It's Up to You:
- Ego’s indoctrination
- A practitioner’s approach to life
- The beginning of courage
- Just an expression of mind’s basic nature
- Like a homeless prince
- Taking our reactions less seriously
- Everything is workable for all of us
- The ground of practice is your direct experience