So stay right here, you lucky people,
let go and be happy in the natural state.
Let your complicated life and everyday confusion alone
and out of quietude, doing nothing, watch the nature of mind.
This piece of advice is from the bottom of my heart:
fully engage in contemplation and understanding is born;
cherish nonattachment and delusion dissolves;
and forming no agenda at all reality dawns.
Whatever occurs, whatever it may be, that itself is the key,
and without stopping it or nourishing it, in an even flow,
freely resting, surrendering to ultimate contemplation,
in naked pristine purity we reach consummation.
from the book Natural Great Perfection: Dzogchen Teachings And Vajra Songs
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Natural Great Perfection:
- Get out of the construction business
- Buddha Nature
- The three things that really tire us
- Illusion looking at illusion
- The very root of Dharma
- Tomorrow or your next existence
- The mind of the Victorious Ones
- The whole point of the dharma
- Secret yogis
- The illusory nature of everything
- The three invaluables