We exhaust ourselves in three ways: We create fabrications like mental concepts. We exert a lot of effort. We create many objects or targets in our minds. These are the three things that really tire us. It is like an insect caught in a spider’s web: the more agitated it becomes, the more tangled it gets in the web. This creates real suffering, real torment for the mind.
Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
from the book Natural Great Perfection: Dzogchen Teachings And Vajra Songs
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Natural Great Perfection:
- The very root of Dharma
- Tomorrow or your next existence
- Heart Advice
- Get out of the construction business
- Buddha Nature
- Illusion looking at illusion
- The mind of the Victorious Ones
- The whole point of the dharma
- Secret yogis
- The illusory nature of everything
- The three invaluables