It might seem hard to understand karma. But if we look at it, the teachings on karma simply say that if we have a good intention and do a good act it will bring a good result. If we have a bad intention and do something bad, that will only bring a bad result—harm to ourselves and to others. If you actually think about it, it is not all that difficult.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Confused appearances
- Mind and brain
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- The essence of afflictions
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Not rooted in anything
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind