When a strong affliction such as anger arises, we have the unbearable feeling that we need to hurt someone or say something mean, but where is the affliction? What is its essence? When we examine it and meditate, we see that its essence is by nature empty. If we realize this, it automatically has no power and disappears.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- Confused appearances
- Mind and brain
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Not rooted in anything
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind