The nature of our mind is awareness, and awareness is naturally liberated. We do not need to do anything to it. We do not need to think of it as something to take up that we need more of, nor do we need to think of it as something bad to be blocked or suppressed. We should understand that it is naturally liberated.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- The essence of afflictions
- Not rooted in anything
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Confused appearances
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Mind and brain
- The most important thing
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind