The nature of our mind is awareness, and awareness is naturally liberated. We do not need to do anything to it. We do not need to think of it as something to take up that we need more of, nor do we need to think of it as something bad to be blocked or suppressed. We should understand that it is naturally liberated.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Thoughts are just displays of the mind
- Confused appearances
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- The essence of afflictions
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Not rooted in anything
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind