Thoughts are just displays of the mind. They may be waves stirring up the all-ground consciousness, but this is not a fault. If you just rest loosely in them, they will disappear right there. This is why when we meditate we should let the thoughts that occur in the sixth mental consciousness relax into the all-ground consciousness.
from the book Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Thrangu Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Vivid Awareness:
- Thinking while resting in the natural state
- Virtuous and Non-virtuous Actions
- Confused appearances
- Taking Pain and Illness as the Path
- Mind and brain
- The most important thing
- Awareness is naturally liberated
- The essence of afflictions
- Not rooted in anything
- Goodness is something we all have
- Ordinary mind
- Resting within the essence of the mind