If one knows that everything is impermanent, one does not grasp, and if one does not grasp, one will not think in terms of having or lacking, and therefore one lives fully.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist:
- Clinging to our hopes and fears
- A practicing Buddhist
- A simple, scientific fact
- Our true nature is like a wineglass
- The spiritual path is a temporary solution
- Buying into emotions
- Pride and pity
- Like monkeys
- Your own ignorance betrays you
- Not paranoid but prepared
- Not a buddha yet
- I don’t give a damn
- Appreciating the whole cycle of impermanence
- The cup that holds the teachings
- Bound by practicality
- Enlightened beings may seem insane
- Buddhist renunciation
- What is life?