Pure mind is like the empty sky,
Without memory, supreme meditation;
It is our own nature, unstirring, uncontrived,
And wherever that abides is the superior mind,
One in buddhahood without any sign,
One in view free of limiting elaboration,
One in meditation free of limiting ideation,
One in conduct free of limiting endeavor,
And one in fruition free of limiting attainment.
Released as it stands!
With neither realization nor non-realization;
Experience consummate! No mind!
It is open to infinity.
from the book Natural Perfection: Longchenpa's Radical Dzogchen
translated by Keith Dowman
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Natural Perfection:
- The soaring of the carefree yogin
- The pathless path
- The unique uncreated
- Or are we so dull?
- Homage to Glorious Samantabhadra, the All-Good
- Natural Perfection
- You lucky people
- Neither mind nor anything but mind
- Ultimate contemplation
- The fearless sage
- Gazing at the uncontrived sameness of every experience
- Timeless spontaneity
- In the universal womb
- The body, speech and mind of buddha
- Striving precludes attainment