Sitting practice is not always going to be smooth, pleasant, comfy, and nice – it is also going to be very painful. However, whether you are experiencing pain or pleasure, what really is needed is the subtle humor of somebody standing behind your back willing to kick you off the cliff. You may think you are drowning, but you have to drown more! It cannot be helped.
from the book The Path of Individual Liberation: The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, Volume One
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Path of Individual Liberation:
- Dharma is the truth of the reality
- You cannot watch your own burial
- A very valid thing to do
- Useful gap
- No need to fight
- Transcending Pleasure, Transcending Pain
- Stocking Up is Not Taming the Mind
- One Truth Without Relativity
- A valid thing to do
- Well-being of body, speech and mind
- The immediateness of what is happening right here and now