One of the problems meditators experience is that there is a slight, almost subconscious, guilty feeling that they ought to be doing something rather than just experiencing what goes on. When you begin to feel that you ought to be doing something, you automatically present millions of obstacles to yourself. Meditation is not a project; it is a way of being. You could experience that you are what you are. Fundamentally, sitting there and breathing is a very valid thing to do.
from the book The Path of Individual Liberation: The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, Volume One
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Path of Individual Liberation:
- Useful gap
- You cannot watch your own burial
- You have to drown more
- Dharma is the truth of the reality
- No need to fight
- Transcending Pleasure, Transcending Pain
- Stocking Up is Not Taming the Mind
- One Truth Without Relativity
- A valid thing to do
- Well-being of body, speech and mind
- The immediateness of what is happening right here and now