When a person sits and meditates, it is a special situation, a sacred act. In meditation, even the most impure, crude, or confused thoughts are regarded as sacred. You may fall asleep on your cushion or feel that you have not actually meditated at all. Even daydreams on the cushion are important. You should have the attitude that you are involved with a system and a tradition that is valid and has its roots in solid thinking. Meditation is a definite approach, an extremely valid thing to do.
from the book The Path of Individual Liberation: The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, Volume One
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Path of Individual Liberation:
- No need to fight
- Useful gap
- You cannot watch your own burial
- A very valid thing to do
- You have to drown more
- Dharma is the truth of the reality
- Transcending Pleasure, Transcending Pain
- Stocking Up is Not Taming the Mind
- One Truth Without Relativity
- Well-being of body, speech and mind
- The immediateness of what is happening right here and now