I claim to be arousing bodhicitta, but still do not have it.
I have trained in the path of the six perfections, but have remained selfish.
Bless me and small-minded beings like me,
That we may train in the sublime bodhicitta.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Impermanence is everywhere
- May we realize the natural state
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- Aspiration for renunciation
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- At your feet I bow
- Actions arising from anger
- Discovering Dharma
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- The Six Paramitas
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher