Transcendent generosity is found in contentment;
Its essence is simply letting go.
Discipline is not to displease the Three Jewels.
The best patience is unfailing mindfulness and awareness.
Diligence is needed to sustain all the other perfections.
Concentration is to experience as deities all the appearances to which one clings.
Wisdom is the self-liberation of grasping and clinging;
In it there is neither thinking nor a thinker.
It is not ordinary. It is free from fixed convictions.
It is beyond suffering. It is supreme peace.
quoted in the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Jigme Lingpa.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Aspiration for renunciation
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May we realize the natural state
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Actions arising from anger
- Impermanence is everywhere
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances
- Developing love and compassion in everything you do