You renounce evil and take up good, as in the teachings on cause and effect.
Your action follows the progression of the Vehicles.
Through your perfect view, you are free from all clinging.
Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- May we realize the natural state
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- At your feet I bow
- Aspiration for renunciation
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances