Assailed by afflictions, we discover Dharma
And find the way to liberation. Thank you, evil forces!
When sorrows invade the mind, we discover Dharma
And find lasting happiness. Thank you, sorrows!
Through harm caused by spirits we discover Dharma
And find fearlessness. Thank you, ghosts and demons!
Through people’s hate we discover Dharma
And find benefits and happiness. Thank you, those who hate us!
Through cruel adversity, we discover Dharma
And find the unchanging way. Thank you, adversity!
Through being impelled to by others, we discover Dharma
And find the essential meaning. Thank you, all who drive us on!
We dedicate our merit to you all, to repay your kindness.
quoted in the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- Aspiration for renunciation
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- May we realize the natural state
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- Impermanence is everywhere
- At your feet I bow
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher