Impermanence is everywhere, yet I still think things will last.
I have reached the gates of old age, yet I still pretend I am young.
Bless me and misguided beings like me,
That we may truly understand impermanence.
from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher
translated by Padmakara Translation Group
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Patrul Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book Words of My Perfect Teacher:
- At your feet I bow
- Aspiration for renunciation
- Peerless Teacher, at your feet I bow
- The result of learning, contemplation, and meditation
- Bright moon
- May our minds mingle with the Dharma
- The Three Defects when listening to the Dharma
- May we realize the natural state
- Arousing Bodhicitta
- Motivated by ordinary concerns
- Even the smallest amounts of merit
- Actions arising from anger
- The Six Paramitas
- No Life Guarantee
- Remembering impermanence
- The need to follow a spiritual teacher
- Transforming obstacles into favorable circumstances